Powerpuffgirl
Newly Registered

Help! Something is wrong with my tomatoes

Hello!
I'm very happy I found this forum!
I bought two small tomato plants and planted them in my green house. They have grown quite a lot but now the leaves are curling and I am not sure if it's maybe because it might be too warm inside the green house? Or am I watering them too much?
I hope you can help me!

Thanks so much!

yoki

hey, I'm having a similiar problem.... my tomato's were going great then all of a sudden they started curling up the leaves...

I can't figure it out either :(

I believe my problem was too much water and excess pruning..... I've planted some new tomato plants and am not going to prune them and try to reduce the water

Some people suggested to me to spray 1 part milk mixed with 9 parts water, but I believe that was for the browning and black spots on leaves...... however this isn't exactly fixing the problem yet :)

jimit
Newly Registered

My reply may not help you, but think that I have a similar problem.....see photos and tell me if my leaves look like yours, then maybe someone can help us.

A little history: I have three plants (+/- 1 meter high) all different varieties, next to each other. The plants lived under a plastic tent until the weather improved. The last two weeks have been hot and sunny (30°and above) All plants have been healthy until last week when I noticed lots of small black flies on the leaves of all three plants. I treated them 5 days ago with a mushed up mixture of stinging nettle juice...mmmmmmm. This stuff really honks! Problem seemed to be solved, but the flies are back now. The smallest plant the "Marmande" (French name, I guess for this type of tomatoe) has been looking worse and worse since two weeks with all it's leaves curling with dry brown spots on them and it appears to be spreading to it's friends.
https://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/jimit1/Leaves/

Last summer I lost all three plants due to the "Non Summer" in Switzerland and I don't think that I can take yet another three tomatoe deaths in my otherwise healthy garden.

Another question I have, that does not seem to be answered as best as it could is "how much water?" Every day? How much every day? If not, how frequently and how much water for a 1 meter high plant? Thanks
JT

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”