Fresnotomato
Newly Registered

Healthy plants, lots of blossoms, no tomatoes????

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I planted 6 big beef, 1 yellow, 1 green zebra and 1 San Francisco Fog at the middle of April. I have been feeding and watering and the plants are big. :) But, still only 1 green zebra and only blossoms on the rest. : ( Some of the blossoms have dried up too. Ugh! I'm having the same problem with zuchinni. I tried blossom set, thinking that maybe the lack of bees and pollination had something to do with it. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

zenful6219
Newly Registered

I'm having the same problem with my tomatoes as you described. I'm starting to wonder if I'm over watering. Since I'm a relative novice at tomato gardening, I'm not sure.

Fresnotomato
Newly Registered

From my past experince growing vegies I believe if you're over watering the leaves will turn yellow. Funny thing is, in our old house we had a leaky hose and so I put it next to the tomato plant and that's how the plant got watered. 24hrs. day, drip, drip and we had a bumper crop of tomatoes from 1 plant.

I'm going to check with some friends at the university and see if they have any insight into the blossoms but no tomatoes problem. Let me know if anything turns up on your end.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Huge problems with lack of bees for pollinators this year. next Feb put be boxes around your homes for solitary bees. Also plant plants that will attract other pollinators see the benefiicial insects thread in the permaculture forum.

This year use a q tip to pollinate your plants by hand.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”