Cuke

Tomatoes are wilting

I planted my tomatoes today and they are transplants from the store.I watered them after planting them.I set them in the garden a few hours before planting them because I had other things to do, so then they started wilting.How can I get them to start standing up straight again?They have plenty of sun (although it's cloudy right now).

elementfiftyfour
Cool Member

Probably by the next time you go out to check them they will have absorbed some water and corrected themselves.

Cuke

Thanks for responding,I'll water them tonight and hopefully that'll help them.:)I checked them and three are almost completely straight,just a little wilted.The other three are still wilted where their top is touching the ground.I hope they're just suffering form transplant shock.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Try giving them some liquid organic fertilizer to perk them up. Liquid fish and liquid seaweed are great.

Cuke

Thanks opabinia again.My poor tomatoes don't seem to be as good as last year.I'll call my local nurseries to ask if they carry any of those fertilizers.I gave them some more water so I'm hoping they'll survive until I can get those organic fertilizers *crosses fingers* Thanks everyone for the help:)

wurzelgummidge

Cuke wrote:Thanks opabinia again.My poor tomatoes don't seem to be as good as last year.I'll call my local nurseries to ask if they carry any of those fertilizers.I gave them some more water so I'm hoping they'll survive until I can get those organic fertilizers *crosses fingers* Thanks everyone for the help:)
don't over water them,test by poking finger in soil about a finger nail length if dry water if damp check again next day. :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”