TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Discoloration on tomato leaves?

So a couple of my tomato plants, (my blooming dwarf Tiny Tim and a young Cherokee Purple) look odd. Leaves look like they're yellowing; not a 'feed me' yellowing but a 'disease' yellowing to me. Sorry the pics aren't very accurate but there is also some darker blotches on the Tiny Tim leaves. Thoughts?
Attachments
20220422_095911~2.jpg
20220422_095947~2.jpg

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Give plants more sunlight & more nitrogen see if yellow goes away.

My tomato plants are on east side of a shade tree so they get full sun early morning cool part of the day then full shade 12 noon to dark hottest part of the day. I don't give my plants much nitrogen it makes tall plants & less tomatoes. A few days ago I watched a video that claims tomato plants need lime once a week to unlock nutrients in the soil to make them available to the plant. I never heard that about lime before. I give my tomato plants lime every week for BER, lime does not last long in our soil.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

No more discolored areas have appeared on my tomato leaves. The biggest patch began to look dried out/dead so I cut off that bit of leaf. Everything else looks fine. I think the plant must have got too close to the fluorescent lamp, maybe touched it.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”