Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Tomatoes that grow in clusters like grapes?

WHAT tomato variety grows in clusters of about 25 tomatoes, like grapes? I would like to grow tomatoes like this. Go to center of video look at the tomatoes.

This video is amazing. Isreal has deep water wells to grow crops in the desert. They are growing many things in the desert.

There was another video that I forgot to save where they grow fruit & seeds because the Bible talks about how healthy it is too eat fruit & seeds. They grow, oranges, lemons, beans, & others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUNmN_bZNsk

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Gary350 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:26 am
WHAT tomato variety grows in clusters of about 25 tomatoes, like grapes? I would like to grow tomatoes like this. Go to center of video look at the tomatoes.

This video is amazing. Isreal has deep water wells to grow crops in the desert. They are growing many things in the desert.

There was another video that I forgot to save where they grow fruit & seeds because the Bible talks about how healthy it is too eat fruit & seeds. They grow, oranges, lemons, beans, & others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUNmN_bZNsk
Maybe check Baker Creek. Brad's Crazy Grape grows like that but it's a yellow variety. My sweetheart cherry and grape tomato were very heavy producers this year but they didn't grow in a clump. Some hybrid varieties might do that if they've been bred to.

applestar
Mod

You’re thinking of BARRY’S Crazy Cherry @TomatoNut though understandable since it was developed by Brad Gates.

Most of these multi flora types are cherry tomatoes. Another well known good tasting one is Rose Quartz Multiflora.

For somewhat larger fruits, there are some Spanish varieties — Ramallet Mallorquin Pequeño Multiflora, Ramallet Pequeñito en Ramos Multiflora. These are said to be good sauce types. I don’t think they are as numerous per truss though. These are known for being strung together (needle and thread through calyx and secured to length of rope) into hanging bunches (kind of like peppers) and sold at local markets as long keeper tomatoes.

There are others but you have to do some research because the lines have been affected by attempts to cross with a thick skinned, rather tart fruited, but fantastically multi floral characteristic variety earlier on. Look for the words “multi flora” “multi-flora” or “multiflora”

Another tasty small red cherry variety that grows in extra extra long trusses (not bunches) is Iva’s Red Berry. Try an image search to see what that looks like.

…Hmm, I think Rebel Alliance — brown heart shaped multiflora cherry — has been released and available now.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:24 am
You’re thinking of BARRY’S Crazy Cherry @TomatoNut though understandable since it was developed by Brad Gates.

Most of these multi flora types are cherry tomatoes. Another well known good tasting one is Rose Quartz Multiflora.

For somewhat larger fruits, there are some Spanish varieties — Ramallet Mallorquin Pequeño Multiflora, Ramallet Pequeñito en Ramos Multiflora. These are said to be good sauce types. I don’t think they are as numerous per truss though. These are known for being strung together (needle and thread through calyx and secured to length of rope) into hanging bunches (kind of like peppers) and sold at local markets as long keeper tomatoes.

There are others but you have to do some research because the lines have been affected by attempts to cross with a thick skinned, rather tart fruited, but fantastically multi floral characteristic variety earlier on. Look for the words “multi flora” “multi-flora” or “multiflora”

Another tasty small red cherry variety that grows in extra extra long trusses (not bunches) is Iva’s Red Berry. Try an image search to see what that looks like.

…Hmm, I think Rebel Alliance — brown heart shaped multiflora cherry — has been released and available now.
WHOOPS, thanks for the correction Applestar! I haven't actually gotten Barry's Crazy Cherry but if you want a serious cluster of fruit, it's a real clumper alright. Pic in the 2021 catalogue shows a woman holding a HUGE mass of them on their trusses.

Gary if you are looking for a super heavy cherry producer I can send you some of my sweetheart cherry seed. You will get plenty just from one plant. They are pink and sweet tasting.

I just drug out my catalogues... :>
Baker shows Jujube cherry, have you tried that one? I though I got that one one time but if I have it I can't find it... How about Principe Borghese? Brad's Atomic Grape? I may still have seed to White cherry but those are nasty....

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

TomatoNut95 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:04 pm
applestar wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:24 am

WHOOPS, thanks for the correction Applestar! I haven't actually gotten Barry's Crazy Cherry but if you want a serious cluster of fruit, it's a real clumper alright. Pic in the 2021 catalogue shows a woman holding a HUGE mass of them on their trusses.

Gary if you are looking for a super heavy cherry producer I can send you some of my sweetheart cherry seed. You will get plenty just from one plant. They are pink and sweet tasting.

I just drug out my catalogues... :>
Baker shows Jujube cherry, have you tried that one? I though I got that one one time but if I have it I can't find it... How about Principe Borghese? Brad's Atomic Grape? I may still have seed to White cherry but those are nasty....
Can't tell from the picture that tomatoes are not full size. It would be nice to have 25 lbs of tomatoes in a cluster from 1 limb only if they are good flavor tomatoes.

I have been saving seeds for 30 years from 1" cherry tomatoes I have not seen for sale in 20 years. These are very good flavor & hot weather variety. When all other tomatoes die from summer heat these keep producing.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”