ghost1

Please help identify tomato problem

This is the second year I have tried to grow Cherokee Purple tomatoes. Both years the plants have produced, however, results were poor and the vines look like they have something wrong with them. I have Mountain Fresh and Sun gold Cherry also and they seem to be doing ok. Indiana had late frosts and all plants had to be covered for several days. Everything seemed to bounce back except the Cherokees. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_3198[1].JPG
IMG_3197[1].JPG
IMG_3196[1].JPG

applestar
Mod

I tend to think this kind of foliage distortion is caused by either herbicide or virus. If your other two varieties which are hybrids are not reacting, the heirloom Cherokee Purple could be diseased. However, the disease codes for Mountain Fresh and Sungold do not include leaf curl virus.... Hmmm.

Do you live where there are aerial spraying by nearby farms? Do you live in a community where there are landscapers at work? Are the tomatoes anywhere near the property boundary to your neighbors?

ghost1

Garden is very close to farmer's field and herbicide spray may have gotten to them. I planted two more CP's in a different place in the garden post spray and so far they don't have the same symptoms.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”