Floridagrown
Newly Registered

Growing Everglade tomatoes in Florida but they look sick

This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to grow anything but I’m already worried about my seedlings. My seeds have stated to grow but the bottom leaves look brown. I’ve tried to research what is happening but I’m finding nothing similar to this in a plant so young. Can anyone help in diagnosing the issue and tell me how I can fix it?

I planted the seeds almost two weeks ago. I live in Florida but the seeds are in a cage outside. They get at least 8 hours of sunlight throughout the day. I usually water them in the morning but I have done it in the evening occasionally. The tomato’s are Everglade tomatoes. I choose these as a starting point because I’ve read they are impossible to harm :cry:
Attachments
971B3AAF-250F-405F-80E0-EECB8CBE3AE4.jpeg

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Hello! Good looking tomato seedlings to me! I always start my tomatoes from seed. I don't see any brown leaves in your picture, but maybe you're watering them too much? Are you watering ONLY when soil is dry? And it looks like it's time to administer light doses of fertilize.

TNCatHerder

They look fine to me.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Can you try posting a closer photo of the bottom leaves (seed leaves)? I don't see any brown, they look quite healthy. If this is your first attempt, I'd say you're doing a good job.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”