applestar
Mod

Carolyn Male

I learned that Carolyn died yesterday morning.

Even though I have never had direct contact with her, and she was mostly active on other gardening/tomato forums, I could not possibly NOT acknowledge and mourn her passing here.

She was such a presence in the tomato growing community and contributed so much even when she was injured and later as she became elderly and frail. Every season, When I saw one of her posts for the first time, I would think — Oh, Carolyn is here!

In addition to her vast knowledge and contributions, she stimulated a lot of discussions with the other gardeners — I learned a lot.

And especially after my parents lost even the little they learned about using the computer and electronic gadgetry in general, I would see her posting and smile that she could, though I’m sure she was younger than they, and so much of her work involved computer usage.

Good bye, Carolyn. Please keep watch over our tomato gardens and give us a nudge once in a while

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I just found this out last night, @apple. So sorry to hear about this. I didn't visit T'ville very often, but knew about her there. She will be missed.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

After a rocky first contact with Carolyn (she explained in no uncertain terms just how wrong I was in a statement I made in the old Gardenweb site maybe sixteen or more years ago) she and I communicated on the friendliest of terms since then. Tough and opinionated she was, but her opinions were mostly true to the mark. The tomato world will miss her.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”