Bigeee99
Newly Registered

Sick tomato

A74D6356-BAEE-4708-A2EE-3B1F4323C8F2.jpeg
I have a potted Tomato that was growing thick and strong yet didn’t have any flowers. Within days, it started folding up with the leaves curling and I have been baffled as to what I can do to remedy the situation. I thought it was getting too much water so I cut back yet it didn’t help. Leaves feel dry and brittle though main stem of the plant still feels thick and strong. Any suggestions?

applestar
Mod

There’s definitely something wrong. In each of the leafnodes, where there should be healthy new growth, there is a bumpy cauliflower-like mass. I see something similar when my peppers and citruses are infested by mites because the mites destroy every possible growth point, but I have never seen this response on tomatoes. It might be some kind of bacterial disease or growth-suppressing type herbicide damage....

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

applestar wrote:... In each of the leafnodes, where there should be healthy new growth, there is a bumpy cauliflower-like mass. I see something similar when my peppers and citruses are infested by mites because the mites destroy every possible growth point...
Well you learn something new every day (if you're lucky and paying attention.) thanks for that information, applestar.

imafan26
Mod

Mites do cause the cauliflower look on the buds and I think apple star is right. The leaves are upward curling. How hot is it there? I usually get that kind of physiologic leaf roll in the heat. I get downward curling thin leaves with mites.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”