pointer80

Does anybody know what this is on my leaves

I just planted my tomato plants a few days ago and I noticed some of the lower leaves have turned a greyish brown color. Overall they look like they are doing ok but I want to address any problems that may be happening
Attachments
IMG_4208.JPG
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_4213.JPG

applestar
Mod

There’s a flea beetle on the upper left leaflet in the 2nd photo.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yup, the third picture down, when you click on it twice for max zoom in, the little beetle is there again. And in some of the pictures once you zoom in you can see a few flea beetle holes. Left unchecked, your plants will look like this:

Here's the beetles and their holes:

You can treat with diatomaceous earth or Neem oil. Mustard or radish plants planted near your garden are good trap crops for them.

pointer80

Yes, I actually posted another thread about that and I am getting ready to treat them. I just wanted to give them a few days after I transplanted them into the ground. I was talking about the discoloration in some of the leave. Some are a greyish brown color.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Well the way the light is reflecting off the leaves in your pictures makes it very hard to see that.

By grayish brown, do you mean something like this, which is usually described more as tan:

The pale areas would be thinned and dry and crispy.

If so, it is sunburn from being out in full sun when they aren't used to it.

If not, maybe try and get a couple more pictures when the light isn't right on them.

pointer80

Here are better pictures. I put a couple plants out a few days ago and I am not seeing no tannish or discolored leaves on them and they were all hardened off at the same time. I am only noticing the color on the lower leaves also. Will these plants be ok? Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_4208 (1).JPG
IMG_4215.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG

pointer80

One more picture
Attachments
IMG_4218.JPG

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”