roxane
Newly Registered

Saggy leaves on young tomato seedling

I have planted 4 cherry tomato plants in 4 different pots. The leaves of two of the plants are little saggy or wilted.The other two plants are pretty healthy. I planted them in miracle grow potting mix and water them every morning. Just wondering if its normal thing or I should get rid of un-healthy plants at early stage. I am uploading pictures of both healthy plant and the one with saggy leaves
Attachments
Healthy plant
Healthy plant
Plant with saggy leaves
Plant with saggy leaves

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Doesn't look sick.

Wilting can be either from under watering or over watering. You didn't say anything about where you are and what your weather has been like. In very hot, dry weather, plants in pots might need to be watered twice a day. In cooler, wetter weather, watering every morning might be too much. Have the top couple inches of soil dried out a bit before you water again? Do the plants perk up after you water them?

bri80

Your plants look great, no worries. That is nothing to be worried about. The leaves will change shape, direction, extend, sag a little, etc based on physiological stuff going on. It is not wilting.

roxane
Newly Registered

Thank you, guys. I am located in Chicago. The weather was cool but it's hot past 15 days. This plant doesn't perks up 100% after watering like the other healthy plant which is always intact. I water them every morning

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”