Garf
Green Thumb

Miami Weather

Right now here in Miami we are awaiting the remains of Erica. This much rain will affect those of us attempting to get a jump on starting the winter crop early. But we have to consider that this is south Florida and it is still hurricane season. So it is a case of you sow your seeds and take your chances. I have plenty of seed and will restart my seeding after this has passed.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like a plan.

Good luck :mrgreen:

Garf
Green Thumb

Guess what, we have another hurricane headed our way. Irma. If it goes where they think it will, the keys have had it. If Miami gets a direct hit, it is all over but the screaming. This is a bad one.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm worrying about you all in Florida (or wherever exactly Irma hits). It sounds like a huge Category 5 devastating storm.

And it is coming so soon on the heels of Harvey. It's exhausting the resources to help with recovery. There have been many millions of dollars of donations coming for Harvey. I applied with all hands volunteers (https://www.hands.org) to go to Houston/ Corpus Christie. They said they were processing the 3000 applications they had received and will let me know.

Since the Houston area will still be in early stages of clean up, still mucking things out and demolishing when Irma hits, are there going to be lots more millions of dollars of donations and thousands of volunteers to help the people suffering from Irma? I think FEMA's budget is already very stretched. Hard times!

Garf
Green Thumb

I did well during Irma. No damage. Power out for 2 days. Massive tree damage in the city of Miami. Most of these fools don't bother to trim their trees. Power was out at Port Everglades, our port of entry for Gas tankers. Gas is in short supply. Most of the trees have been moved off the roads to the sides but is tricky driving till they get picked up. Supermarkets still have empty spots on shelves on some items. Very little bottled water here. I guess it's needed elsewhere.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”