Mitch58
Newly Registered

Tomato leaf curl, Part 700

Hi all...

I'm new here and did see several posts about the unknown curl... The reason I started a new topic is because I might have a different issue... I grew Tomatoes and ____ crops for years in WA. State with no problems (More than enough rain, near sea level, on soft soil under the raised beds)...

I didn't even know what Tomato curl was until now... I'm planting for the first year in Montana with raised beds, literally on a river bed... Trying to dig without a backhoe is lunacy... Hardly any rain comparatively, but no drought either...

I'm taking into possibilities too much water, as one sprinkler zone does hit the beds, and insects, but all I have seen is ants, no aphids so far... I also transplant any spider I see into the garden... I have weeds, and need to take care of that, and weeds that have taken over a 5'x5' bed that I didn't plant anything in...

The other crops in the garden are doing fine to a degree... Basil, Chives, Oregano, and Squash away from the Tomatoes are doing excellent...

The Basil planted in line with the Tomatoes isn't doing good at all, but I read that is a good idea to plant like that... ???

Something else might be going on though, as a plum tree that was fine last year has curled up leaves also (About 60 feet away from the beds)...

Sorry for the long post, I just don't know what I'm dealing with

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

welcome! A picture or two always helps, in trying to help you discern what might be going on.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”