TinyGarden30
Newly Registered

Can I save this tomato plant?

Hello, this is my first time on this site. Its also my first time growing anything. Most of my plants seem to be doing ok. I planted 2 beefsteak tomato plants (bonnie plants from Home Depot) on May 10. They were both growing for awhile. One has stopped growing completely and is shrivling up. The leaves look diseased. The other plant seems to be doing ok. They are next to each other so I don't know why one is sick and the other isn't. I am using bonnie plants liquid fertilizer and started using a fungicide 2 weeks ago. I am not seeing any bugs. Will post pics.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

TinyGarden30
Newly Registered

This is the healthy plant...
Attachments
image.jpg

imafan26
Mod

I think it is too far gone and probably not worth saving. If you buy plants from home depot, walmart, and Lowe's it is a good idea to keep the receipt and pots awhile with the upc codes. Most of them will allow you to return plants withing a given period of time, up to 1 year for perennials. You can either get your money back or get a replacement. You may be able to get a replacement or your money back since it has been less than 90 days. There may be other exceptions so you would need to ask about your store policy.

The Home depot here had a 1 year guarantee policy on all plants. However, I watched someone repeatedly return dead plants to the store after she was finished with them and they died, still in the original pots. The store has since wised up and the return policy excludes annuals.

TinyGarden30
Newly Registered

Thanks for the response. I don't have my receipt but its not a big deal to replace it. I just hope it doesn't have a disease that will transfer to the next plant I put in it's place.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”