Jenny168

My growing list and more

Hi,

I am an Earthbox gardener. I also just got a new item called a Garden Tower. You can see it at gardentowerproject.com if you want to check it out. You can grow 50 plants in a 4 ft space and is also 4 ft tall. Pretty impressive.

Here is my tomato list. Any of your favorites on this list? If you have not yet tasted Orange Paruche, it's even better than Sungold and I love Sungold. Sunchocola is another one that is so good it made me wonder if I have ever tasted tomatoes before. It's a beautiful burgundy color. Rich, smokey, almost like wine, sweet, complex. Try them both! You won't be sorry.

Here is my list:

Isis Candy - 2
Super Snow White
Juane Flamme
Green Zebra
Fruit Punch Cherry
Northern Lights
Green Giant
Orange Paruche -2
Sunchocola - 2
Lemon Boy
Stupice
Aunt Ginny’s Purple
Purple Haze
Sungold - 2
Sweet Baby Girl -2
Lime Green Salad (dwarf)
Dwarf Pink Arctic
New Big Dwarf
Rosella Purple (dwarf)
Patio (dwarf)

20 varieties this year.

brooksms

How many tomato plants do you grow in each earth box? I am not growing any green tomato varieties this year but the green zebra looks fun! Do you know what they taste like?

jessica_alinari
Newly Registered

Green Zebra tomato is among my favourite tomato varieties. It's incredibly delicious and it's a good match for salads. Green Zrbras are sweet and tangy, but the hard part is determining when they are ripe and ready for a harvest. As they stay green you'll need some experience to choose the right moment for collecting them. For example, if you prefer a sweeter taste, leave them longer on the vine. They will be ready for a harvest when the green stripes to turn yellow. If you need more info about tomato varieties and growing them, maybe this will be useful to you https://bit.ly/1yOQrs8

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”