erins327

Ground Cherries- or weed?

Hey y'all,

Thought I'd post this question in the tomato forum since Ground Cherries are kinda like tomatoes??

ANyone have experience with these? I can't seem to get them going by seed, when everything else grew like crazy.

I have about 4 seedling of ground cherries, or what I thought were ground cherries, but it looks like I'm just mothering and nurturing weeds. Can someone confirm this?

As you can see, the one of the left has serrated leaves, so I think that one is the weed. The other looks more like a ground cherry?

Thanks!

Erin
Attachments
ground cherry.jpg

not weeds

Ground Cherries

Mr green
Green Thumb

don't know anything about these plants, but I like your home made signs and came to wonder how I never thought of that before...

erins327

Oh yes Mr Green!

I'm the queen of cheap and rerusable stuff. I just cut up old yogurt containers into tabs. Take my advice though and invest in some China Markers. If you use permanent marker, it tends to run off in the rain and is prolly more toxic than china markers.

Mr green
Green Thumb

Great I love reusing stuff as well. I'm sure I have some good enough marker pens around. This will come in handy since the storebought signs I have since many years are gone... Probably until I wont need them anymore. :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”