WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Triple L Crop Tomatoes - Looking for as much info as I can!

Long time no see everyone! I don't usually get on the forum unless it's gardening season or soon to be so.

I discovered this listing (see below) and my interest was piqued. I made sure to verify that these are tomatoes and not the commonly referred to tomatillo Itallian tomato tree variety.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trip-L-Crop-Tre ... 1270111846

As of right now I've got this listing on my EBay watch list and upcoming season radar to possibly try. I'm not a fan of taking the time to trellis much stuff and would likely let them sprawl their way across my back deck where they would get the most and beneficial light without lying all over the ground to rot and stay moist, where they shouldn't be when ripening pretty much lol.

If anyone has grown these and has any photos they could share, or info, I'd love to hear it. Hubby is all about trying new things when it comes to food in the garden when they're familiar to him (I try to give different things a try each year to see what I can push the envelope to get to grow in our zone (I think it's 6B or 7, we're in NE Ohio).

TIA and it's nice to be back for the upcoming gardening season! :lol:

feldon30

It's marketing hype. The listing also confuses a rather ordinary potato-leaved indeterminate heirloom tomato variety with Italian Tree Tomatoes which are not really tomatoes but a totally different variety of plant that does not taste like a tomato at all. Italian Tree Tomatoes are what are grown at Walt Disney World.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Listen to Feldon. All hype with very little truth. If you get a big bunch of tomatoes like the photo and they are all at the 1-1.5 pound size like they say, it would be a miracle of epic proportions.

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

I was able to find more answers a long while back but I appreciate the responses :). I wish I could remove the thread but I'm unable to. And yes I am aware that what is marketed as an Italian Tree Tomato is actually a Tomatillo variety and not an actual tomato.

btrowe1

I tried them last year nothing fantastic,Guess season was too short here in NY for them.Southern areas with longer grow season may have better luck..

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Thanks for the info :)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”