Garf
Green Thumb

Color Of Tomato Plants

As anyone that follows my posts knows, I am growing 4 "batches" of tomato plants sourced from supermarket tomatoes. They are quite different from each others. Batch 1 plants are vine like and one plant survived a Miami summer. The tomatoes are about 1 3/4 " in diameter. Batch 2 are tree like and lighter in color with larger tomatoes, much larger than batch 1. They are not disease resistant. Batch 3 are much darker green but have fewer tomatoes on the plants. They have little disease. Batch 4 are still seedlings. The jury is still out on these.

annpatalexa
Newly Registered

I'm growing purple, orange, yellow and red with orange stripped tomatoes this year. All from seeds. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

applestar
Mod

Here's an example of variety difference in tomato plant/foliage colors and structures/shapes: :D
Subject: WHO WILL BE GROWING WINTER TOMATOES INSIDE THIS YEAR?
applestar wrote:Blooming Kootenai. Look at the color contrast with the chartreuse foliage of Cherokee Tiger Large Red 8) (there is a regular tomato leaf colored Sweet N Neat leaf tip to the left for comparison. The beat up fuzzy leaf in the right front is an eggplant. :wink:)
I posted a bunch of seedling photos noting the colors and shapes of the foliage here, too. You are right! It's very interesting and intriguing 8)
Subject: Finally! Off to a haphazard start for the 2014 season

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”