RogueRose
Green Thumb

Good video on tomato growing

Just came across this. Supposedly this is how you get prize-winning tomatoes. https://www.realfarmacy.com/top-ten-secr ... -tomatoes/

Kay&Kev

That was some great advice and thanks for sharing, RogueRose. I want to research more on what he said and if it’s applicable to zone 4 gardening. I live in Rexburg, Idaho, which is cold or winter nine months out of the year. I'm always looking for more advice to better my garden. I would like to share what I’ve found also. I have developed a similar method to the other video that gives a large yield of tomatoes in a short amount of time. I’ll post a video I made how I personally prepare my garden I show my process on how to grow a 6 foot tall tomato plant with a lot of tomatoes.

One thing I’ve found that using horse manure, or any other animal manure he commented on in the video, I get weeds like crazy. When those animals eat the weeds, they pass the seeds to their manure. Instead, I use organic compost manure that is soft and fluffy to allow the roots to grow deep in the ground without the obnoxious weeds growing in my garden. I’ll also post a video about how I grow my garden with little to no weeds. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”