senglish
Newly Registered

Black Spots, Darkening, and Chlorosis on Tomato Plants

Hello gardening community :mrgreen: ,

I'm noticing black spots and darkening on the leaves of my tomato plants, and was hoping I might find some insight into what's causing it; and possibly get some validation that what I'm gathering from my online research is accurate. My plants were recently purchased from our local retailer, so I didn't grow them from seeds. From the online research I've done so far, it seems to me that I may have a mixture of things going on.

From the single-leaf picture, you can see the black spots. This appears to be bacterial speck from my research, but with the dual-leaf photo you can see what looks to be one or two deficiencies. Not sure, but from others' pictures, I'm wondering if I have a phosphorus deficiency - which would cause a purpling of the veins - and magnesium deficiency which could also cause black spots and darkening of plant tissue.

I live in northeast Pennsylvania, and we've had sparse rain with mostly sunny days lately. The temps have been about average for this time of year at around mid-70s to upper 80s.

Any thoughts or comments on what I might have going on here?

Much appreciated,
Attachments
20140623_190912.jpg
20140623_174845.jpg

JC's Garden

Has it gotten any worse since Monday?

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”