autotech
Newly Registered

my tomatoe leaves are turning brown

I'm new to growing tomatoes and they started out healthy but noe the leaves are turning brown and they appear to be dying. what can I do :cry: the stem also has brown spots on them. the soil I planted them in was just around the yard I went today and bought some top soil and some black cow fertilizer,and I replanted them. I would also like to know seeing how I live in florida and the summers here are very hot should I plant them in an area that has parcial shade

Grey
Greener Thumb

I had no idea what the problem might be until you mentioned you are in Florida. About this time of year there, tomatoes often turn up their toes and croak - too hot, too humid. Could also be if you had planted them right out with the soil in your yard - it's very sandy, and there are not many nutrients in it since, every time it rains, all of it gets washed down into the aquifer.

Best time to start your toms in FL is February, that way they are done right about now. You can start a second crop, indoors, in August and transplant them outside in September.

autotech
Newly Registered

thanks.. I figured that was the problem. do you think I could bring them, in and put them in big pots.they are about 3 ft tall. and have fruit

Grey
Greener Thumb

you can try if you have a sunny Florida room - not sure if it is too late for these or not, they may be giving up on you.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”