Lonesomedave
Location: NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE- zone 6B - 7A on USDA plant hardiness map

where to get some tomato seedlings

this year I am growing both Black Cherry and sun sugar as my cherry tomato varieties.... I have never grown either one before, but have heard good things about them

for next year I am interested in adding Sunchocola and Lemon Drop, as, from every review I have heard, they taste fantastic as well

my problem is, I have neither the ability nor the interest in growing from seed...I realize that's heresy here, but that's the way it is...I have a great tomato garden and they were all planted as seedlings and that's the way I'm gonna continue

so, having said that, and dug in my heels... :mrgreen: ...anybody know where I can get seedlings/baby plants of these two varieties...sunchocola and lemon drop?

thanks

ps-edit...oh, sorry, I don't know where my mind is these days...also, Matt's Wild cherry....I watched david kroska's youtube video and have slso read extensively about this variety, and I would also like to add it...anybody with thoughts about any of these 3...thanks a lot

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Well, unfortunately, that is one of the reasons that people grow from seed -- there's an endless variety available from seed and a very limited variety available as plants.

If you are going to find what you are looking for, it will probably be on-line.

This place California Heirloom Tomato Plants, seems to have a big variety of plants including your lemon drop:

https://californiaheirloomtomatoplants.c ... rea=&id=75

Territorial Seed also sells transplants and they had your sunchocola,

https://www.territorialseed.com/product/ ... pring_2014

They re both sold out now, but you were talking about next year. For next year, if you want exotic heirloom tomato plants, look on line. And yes I have bought lots of plants on line, shipped to me, and they have generally arrived in good condition and done well.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”