rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Re: Tomato Starts - Opinions?

Yes, light needs to be only a couple inches away from the plants, hung so it can be raised as the plants grow.

The front plants will tell you if they need their own light. If they start leaning towards the light, that is the sign that they aren't getting enough.

McKinney88

Ok I will lower the light. It's on chains so I can move it easily. You guys are great!

katatak
Newly Registered

You should be able to pick tomotoes from the newly planted ones past september. If you can keep the frost away you should be able to pick all through october. I live in the Ohio valley and it isn't unusual to pick into November if we don't get a hard freeze and your growing conditions are much longer than ours. Good luck !

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

katatak wrote:You should be able to pick tomotoes from the newly planted ones past september. If you can keep the frost away you should be able to pick all through october. I live in the Ohio valley and it isn't unusual to pick into November if we don't get a hard freeze and your growing conditions are much longer than ours. Good luck !
Man....I wish it worked that way here. I lose out to disease way before the frost.....sigh...

McKinney88

I have my plants outside under a willow tree in the shade the past two days. They are around 8" tall. I think they are ready for the sun now. Should I do an hour in the sun the first day, two hours the second day, etc?

McKinney88

Here is pic of them now.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”