nosebleed21

Heat Tolerant Tomato Variety

who knows a Heat Tolerant variety of Tomatoes my floradade is a disaster :(

imafan26
Mod

Try HeatwaveII, Creole, Sunmaster, Arkansas Traveler, Florida 91, BHN 216, or Eva Purple Ball. Cherry tomatoes sometimes do better in the heat sweet 100, and sungold are good ones that also taste good.
Celebrity is a commercial variety that tolerates some heat but will not set over 100 degrees.

I tried Solar fire, but it did not work out because it did not have the right disease resistance for my climate.

Heatwave and Creole did best in humid climates. Arkansas Traveler was grown by my friend and she said it was pretty good as well. Surprisingly so did Early Girl. It did stop producing at very high heat but it survived and when the weather improved it started producing again.

In the humid heat, you will need to use a fungicide regularly. Disease kills everything in a humid climate

Try self watering containers. Tomatoes were less stressed and did a lot better in self watering containers.
This is a link for how you can make one of your own. It is a lot cheaper than commercial earthboxes. One 18 gallon tub with a 5 gallon reservoir will be enough for one indeterminate tomato.

https://www.postoilsolutions.org/documents/Earthbox.pdf

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”