Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Tomato Varieties This Year 2014

This year we have started Juliette, Roma, Italian Paste, Yellow Flame, and a few others. Here is a photo of the progress so far! :flower:
Attachments
Tomatoes_Peppers_2014.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Looking good! I did Momotoros, Red Barn, Goosecreek, Better Boy, Stupice, New Hampshire, Early Cherry, and I think one more that I'm not remembering right this minute. I did the New Hampshire as a special request from one of my "customers" who wanted a high acid tomato for canning. New Hampshire is rated one of the most acidic.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Thanks for your comment! Sounds like you will have quite the varieties yourself this year! We will be canning our own sauce again this year, we use so much tomatoes in our cuisines that we will probably be using the tomatoes for ourselves! We did however grow a few tomato plants for my sweeties Mom who doesn't have space to grow them herself.

Happy gardening!

:wink:

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Here's a photo of our tomatoes and hot peppers today! We got a nice day of sunshine, great to get them outside! :-()
Attachments
Our_Garden_Hardening_Off.jpg

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Got about a dozen types this year with my main one pine apple and hillbilly. I also have green ones and some indigo types! Plants are really nice and on time at about a foot high! I am moving them out of the greenhouse this weekend! I have about 30 boxes of all kinds of things!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Nice looking, very healthy. Hard to believe you are in that stage when I have most things in the ground. But than again we are planting peas and Florida is taking them out.

Good luck you look like you on a great path.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Bobberman: Sounds like you have a nice collection yourself of Tomatoes! They sure are good in pastes and sauces! Cherries are great for salads too as you probably know

Gixxerific: Thanks for the compliment,, we didn't get that bad of a winter and these have been grown inside. We are just now hardening them off outside :)

Good luck to both of you this season! :-()

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Your tomatoes look great. It is interesting how the different areas go thru the tomato stages at various times. Mine were in the "hardening" stage about early/mid April. Got some in the ground mid April and the rest early May.

This year I have Better Boy, Brandywine, Celebrity, Fantastic, Sweet 100s and Umberto. Here are Brandywine on the right and Fantastic on the left, showing some good blooms

They are located on the far right of this picture, in full sun:

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Holy smokes! Nice collection there, and love the photo of your tomatoes by the dock! Look great! Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

The ultimate for me to set on the dock fishing with tomato plants on each side of me!

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

That sounds awesome! Enjoy! :-()

phonelady61

I'm growing all dwarfs except for the cream sausage , the others are tiny tim , sweet pea currant , and garden pearl I hope these produce some good ones .

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Sounds like everyone has great varieties of tomatoes this year! Here is a photo of our tomatoes in our Hoop House we built! We recently bought some San Marzano and Amish Paste seedlings too!
Attachments
Hot Peppers and Tomatoes
Hot Peppers and Tomatoes

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Countryladiesgardens wrote:Sounds like everyone has great varieties of tomatoes this year! Here is a photo of our tomatoes in our Hoop House we built! We recently bought some San Marzano and Amish Paste seedlings too!
Those plants look great. I love the healthy look of green.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Thank you! We can't wait until we start producing some tomatoes and peppers! Well some of the peppers are already forming, some of our Paprikas, Dad's, and Jalapenos! Pretty neat :-()

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”