PlainJane

Great experience ordering heirloom tomatoes

I wanted to share a really good experience ordering from Laurel's Heirloom Tomatoes. The customer service was outstanding and the plants look fantastic. From phone call (answered by Laurel herself) to unpacking was less than 48 hours, California to N. Florida.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The toms will each have their own smart pot, some in 25 gal., some in 30.
Ananas Noir
Carmello
Dagma's Perfection
Lime Green Salad
Japanese Black Trifele
Paul Robeson
Purple Haze Homegrown

I'm so happy with my order and can't wait for the first ripe tomato!

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Well, I had no idea that tomato plants could be shipped across country. I know they are trucked from Bonnie Plant farm to retail locations, but did not know UPS or USPS could handle that. I have trouble keeping mine together when going from the green house to the garden.

Good luck with your plants.
Last edited by lakngulf on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PlainJane

I've ordered perennials and tree seedlings many times and never had an issue with having them shipped.

Laurel's personal service and amazing packing techniques were above anything I've seen before.

Hope you can get a sense of the care taken:
image.jpg

lexusnexus
Green Thumb

Looks like a good vendor. Will have to add them to my bookmark list. Good luck with your maters, and keep us informed.

Jenny168

I've ordered from Laurel for four years now. I have always been happy with the condition the tomatoes arrive in plus she has a wonderful selection of tomatoes to choose from. I was new to tomato growing just four short years ago and Laurel took the time to give me some pointers and encouragement. Also, because of Laurel, I was introduced to many varieties I would not have known about. She is one of the few places that you can get Purple Haze which is delicious. Her website is really fun with great descriptions. She ships all over the country so if you need tomato plants, she is an excellent source.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I can't remember the last place I ordered seeds for money.

But you wanted to know about great experiences so...My best experience is all the friends I made trading seeds with people all over the world.

Not to mention all the awesome variety's.

PlainJane

Yes, Laurel's selection was amazingly diverse. I spent days looking over everything before deciding what to try.
All of the plants are really healthy and have tripled in size.

I can't wait until the maters start coming.

Jenny168

Hi PlainJane,

What varieties did you order from Laurel?

Jenny

feldon30

Laurel has a great selection. Another site that ships large, healthy tomato plants is SelectedPlants.com. Darrel carefully packs the plants in such a way that they arrive in great shape. He has a good choice of varieties as well.

PlainJane

Thanks for the info Feldon30 - I will check them out. I confess that Laurel has spoiled me though!

PlainJane

Hi Jenny,

I ordered:
Ananas Noir
Carmello
Dagma's Perfection
Lime Green Salad
Japanese Black Trifele
Paul Robson
Purple Haze Homegrown

I made extensive use of her rating codes for heat tolerance. I just love her website and go back to it for reference all the time. Wish I had a lot more room!

Here are some pics of how the plants have grown in the 3 weeks since receiving. They are at least tripled in size.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.01 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”