Garf
Green Thumb

Can't get to my plants

I just had a total hip replacement and can't negotiate the rear stairs to be able to get to the garden, not that I can do any work there. I have 2 plants that are barely surviving, but this rain should help.

applestar
Mod

Hang in there. Get better soon! :flower:

imafan26
Mod

Yes, do give yourself time to heal.

Garf
Green Thumb

Today marks 4 weeks since the surgery. According to the surgeon, I can drive if I feel up to it. I don't. I'll see how I feel in another week. The new physical therapy left me hurting.

Garf
Green Thumb

I now can negotiate the back stairs which allows me to reach the garden. Tomorrow I will see what is left.

applestar
Mod

Good luck! Relax and have fun. :D

Garf
Green Thumb

I keep gaining strength. I can now drive. I still have pain, but it isn't too bad. I started a few seeds from a store tomato. They look good. We will see.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Never mind the garden just get healthy, and everything will fall in to place.

Thinking of you.

Dono

Garf
Green Thumb

It's been about 10 weeks. I sprouted some plants from a supermarket tomato and they look good. I am preparing my 2 largest containers to receive them. I expect some rain soon. We'll see.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Garf - take care. G had a total knee replacement a year ago in February. The therapy was brutal but the results were worth the pain. MY man CRIED during some of those therapy sessions. Sooner or later he has to have the other knee replaced. Hip replacement is in my future. I will live with the pain until I can not stand it any more.

Take care of yourself first. I am curious to see what kind of fruit you get from the tomato seeds. Should be interesting since store bought tomatoes are hybrids and do not produce fruit true to the parent.

Keep us posted on your physical progress and on your tomato production.

Good luck

Garf
Green Thumb

I understand that the knee jobs are far worse than the hip replacements. My other hip is giving me the first signs of trouble. I hope I can make the other hip go the distance.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”