diygardenerzach
Newly Registered

Re: 2014 tomato garden -- what varieties are you growing?

@applestar - do you by chance still have Lillian Marie seeds? or know where to get them?

applestar
Mod

Haha I had to do a little digging since I didn’t even remember a variety called Lillian Marie… but sure enough my OP mentioned it, and when I pulled up my 2014 master tomato list, I found additional notes in the description. It doesn’t look like I grew it again. I’ll have to rummage around some more to see why I didn’t….

It looks like I originally got the seeds in trade/round robin when I was an active member of ‘tomatodepot’, and this is the C&P info about Lillian Marie in my tomato list database:
>> purchased from Marianna's as "Gail" {Green Giant x Yellow Submarine} (yellow) but produced GWR beefsteak slicer - olive with blush when ripe https://tomatodepot.proboards.com/post/57105 Another segregate? Its Sibling Marianna's "Melonball" is the large fruited white/yellow with blush segregate. Will be called Lillian Marie?
(Marianna's) Lillian Marie NEW 2014
Semi- indet. Potato leaf. 85 days.This is the best green when ripe tomato we have tasted! Second only to Green When Ripe Wild Thyme. The green, bi-clor fruits were found in a row of Lipsticks, the pink sister of the Gail line, which originated from Bill Jeffers. Size averages around eight ounces. Flavor is heavenly; sweet, spicy and very intense. Has a real WOW factor. Interior flesh has deep steaks of rose splashed against the bright green. This one is named after my mother, whose photo graces our home page because it is THE BEST! * May throw an occasional pink fruit.
Gail = Green Giant X Yellow Submarine
see thread- tomatodepot.proboards.com/thread/439/gail-progress

I searched for Marianna’s website — it’s still up but doesn’t look active — see for yourself.

CATALOG - Marianna's Heirloom seeds
https://www.mariannasheirloomseeds.com/ ... talog.html

diygardenerzach
Newly Registered

Thank you so much! Their site doesn't appear to be in stocks anymore. I might have to try to find her another way and see if she still has seeds. She is only a 5 hour drive from me, so maybe a trip to the farm?

Happy growing!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”