webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Helpful Gardener Wild Boar Farms Tomato Seed Giveaway!

Wah! I got off to a late start with the seeds. You know the things I've been working on behind the scenes that I'm going to be unveiling soon. ;)

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

Ooh! A teaser! :lol:

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Giveaway tomatoes still doing well. They have begun to bloom a bit, and showing good growth

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Here are the giveaway tomatoes by variety
Indigo Apple

Red Boar

Lush Queen

Amos Coli (on either end. one died so a Fantastic is in the middle)

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

One tomato harvest from these tomatoes----a Lush Queen. I love the striped colors of the fruit....black and green, then purple red and pink (sorry I will get a picture on the next ones). But, this one was great. Very dark red slice and good taste. I will definitely save some seed from this one.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

lakngulf wrote:One tomato harvest from these tomatoes----a Lush Queen. I love the striped colors of the fruit....black and green, then purple red and pink (sorry I will get a picture on the next ones). But, this one was great. Very dark red slice and good taste. I will definitely save some seed from this one.
And send some to me? :P

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Had some friends from North Carolina and South Carolina visit during the weekend. We used to vacation together in Garden City, SC and I always took tomatoes. We enjoyed a lot of them. During the weekend we had tomatoes every meal, but for one meal we had a "taste test" of heirloom tomatoes, mostly the ones from this giveaway.

We tried Amos Coli, Red Boar, Lush Queen, Indigo Apple and what I call Thomas Jefferson Monticello Brandywine. All votes were in and the order was
1. Brandywine
2. Lush Queen
3. Amos Coli
4. Indio Apple
5. Red Boar

applestar
Mod

Ooh! I haven't grown Lush Queen yet. I'm putting it on next year's must grow list. 8)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”