phonelady61

Has anyone here grown red robin and if so any tips for me ?

has anyone grown red robin and if so do you have any tips ? I really want to have a couple of these . Thanks for any info .

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I have some tips plant, seed and grow the thing. :mrgreen: But really Red Robin is an easy one to grow and it does NOT get very big, maybe 18 inches on a good year. With small to medium cherry's, more so on the small end. This plant is pretty much a no brainer, keep it out of the super heat, as in SOME shade and well watered and you will do fine. They have a good 'ol timey flavor, sweet with a bit of tart. Not the most tasty of them but worth a grow for sure. Expect a good flush of fruit at a time.

Since they are such a small growing plant you can put them in smaller containers, 1 gallon or so would do though 2 gallon would be better. Don't waste your 5-6-10 gallon pots on them or you will be disappointed. This is also a good variety to grow indoors due to it's small nature.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.

here is some reference from Tatiana's site in case you need it.
https://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Red_Robin

phonelady61

gixxerific wrote:I have some tips plant, seed and grow the thing. :mrgreen: But really Red Robin is an easy one to grow and it does NOT get very big, maybe 18 inches on a good year. With small to medium cherry's, more so on the small end. This plant is pretty much a no brainer, keep it out of the super heat, as in SOME shade and well watered and you will do fine. They have a good 'ol timey flavor, sweet with a bit of tart. Not the most tasty of them but worth a grow for sure. Expect a good flush of fruit at a time.

Since they are such a small growing plant you can put them in smaller containers, 1 gallon or so would do though 2 gallon would be better. Don't waste your 5-6-10 gallon pots on them or you will be disappointed. This is also a good variety to grow indoors due to it's small nature.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.

here is some reference from Tatiana's site in case you need it.
https://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Red_Robin

Thank you and God bless and I love the pic of your dog she looks sweet did she pass on you ? we lost our big dog two years ago and my little ones miss him still . they see one in the petsmart they think it is him and they try and go up to him .

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You are welcome.

yes Maya went suddenly one night, BEST dog ever. I miss her so much. :cry: She rests on my mantle now. O:)

Ironically my friend who I got Maya from (a pup of his 2 dogs) called me exactly one week after Maya's passing asking if I was interested in another dog without knowing what happened. Well needless to say Lucy is now my best friend. A great dog/friend as well, but between you and me Maya was the one we all strive for.

But this is a garden forum not a dog forum and it's hard to type through tears.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”