firefighter23

Beefmaster plant weak and wilting after rain...

We had a storm last night and had a good amount of rain, but no more than usual... I haven't watered my plants in a few days because they are nice and moist without having too...

Today got up to around 80 degrees or so, which is a little lower than it has been all week. and now the leaves are very very weak and wilting. I have no idea what is wrong? it gets more sun than all of the other plants so i moved it into the shade....

What do you think? it is in a pot, 5 gallon and the plant is about 2 feet tall... i just don't understand

Jess
Greener Thumb

Put it back in the sun and let it dry out. It will soon stand up again. We had a downpour and mine did exactly the same.

firefighter23

THANKS JESS!!

You always have the right thing to say :wink:

I actually did move it back into the sun earlier, **BUT**

I dug out my moisture meter thingy and checked the soil way down and for some reason, the soil was dry, much more dryer than all my other potted tomatoes...

The one that was droopey was also my most bushy/thick plant- no soil can be seen if you look from the top. So i think even though we had lots of rain, not much actually reached the soil!?!

Anyway, I watered it with some fertilizer- the miraclegrow feeder thingy- and it stiffened up and seems to be ok now, we will check it out tomorrow!!

THANKS AGAIN JESS :D :o :lol: 8)

Jess
Greener Thumb

[quote="firefighter23"]THANKS JESS!!

You always have the right thing to say :wink:

What you mean is that I got it COMPLETELY wrong! :oops: Mine is still quite small. It is a tumbler in a pot and got completely flattened by a sudden and ferocious thunder storm. Now it looks lovely again even though it also got frosted by a late frost at the end of May.

I promise I will not post on any of your questions again. You seem far better at diagnosing your own problems. :lol:

firefighter23

U better post!! I just use process of elimination- you seem to have some better diagnoses(however thats spelled...) So don't stop what ever you do!!!

FF23

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”