Cate090404

Yeah, gave up on growing tomatoes in containers...

I planted them in the yard because I had 3 tomatoes and the plants look absolutely terrible. I just planted them in the ground and they've been out there for a week and look like they might be getting better, but it's hard to tell. I've heard liquid fish is good? I also bought some of the pepper spray bug repellant stuff. How well does that work? I tried neem oil around the base and it didn't really do a lot. My Roma tomato that had the fungus in the soil, is doing awesomely. There are like a billion flowers and 4 tomatoes so far, so I planted my other container tomatoes near it. We'll see...

TNgardener
Newly Registered

Hi Cate090404, Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your tomatoes. I think everyone says fish is really good. I have never tried it. I have used kelp and think it is good. I was wondering if you have heard of earthboxes???? They are a type of container growing system. You add a potting mix (not soil) and they have a water reservoir to keep everything watered. I love them and they work really well for tomatoes. They have a website that you could take a look at. There are also plans on the net to make your own much cheaper. I don't know about the bug repellent. I need an animal repellent in my garden. I haven't found the answer yet. I use a neem spray along with garlic tables on our dog to prevent fleas and ticks and it seems to work for that.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”