cuttingedge

Yellowing leaves and spots

Some of my Tomato plants are developing this yellowing of the leaves followed by brown edges. Any ideas on what this is? Should I prune off the stems that have this? what method of control can I use to prevent this from spreading and or infecting the other plants?

Thanks
Attachments
tomato2.jpg
tomato1.jpg
tomato1.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

It could be blight. If so yes hack them off and get ride if them. It should not hurt them if it's just a few.

If the plant is setting fruit it could need some food in the forum of nitrogen. Most fruiting plants required increased feeding during fruit production.

Determinant tomatoes also die off typically as the fruit are becoming ripe. That is normal.

If your worried and they are in containers move them impacted ones :) always better safe then sorry :)

cuttingedge

Northernfox wrote:It could be blight. If so yes hack them off and get ride if them. It should not hurt them if it's just a few.

If the plant is setting fruit it could need some food in the forum of nitrogen. Most fruiting plants required increased feeding during fruit production.

Determinant tomatoes also die off typically as the fruit are becoming ripe. That is normal.

If your worried and they are in containers move them impacted ones :) always better safe then sorry :)

Thanks,

I pruned off all of the stems and leaves that were yellow. They are not in containers so moving them is not an option. BTW these are indeterminate varieties. I have been using Tomato Tone for fertilizer as well as composted manure and fish fertilizer.

imafan26
Mod

How has the weather been? If it has been wet and humid, have you been spraying to prevent fungal infections? It is easier to prevent than control. If the upper leaves look fine, I would pick off the lower leaves and besides fertilizing, also start an anti fungal spray program if the weather conditions have been rain followed by high humidity.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”