Jeffross1968

Pruning indoor tomato plant

When all my tomato plants started showing signs of blight, I saved one smallish one from the porch, and brought it inside. It's now by a window that gets full sun about 5 hours a day. I never thought it would survive, but it has, and it's flowering. Trouble is, it has hit my ceiling. Wondering if I should be pruning the top and if any of you have any other advice for an indoor tomato plant. Thanks!

6sparkpug6
Cool Member

How tall is it?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

What kind of tomato is it? You can top it if the bottom is still in good shape. It may produce more side shoots but not much more upward growth than can't be managed easily enough. It will still produce fruit providing there are flowers/fruit on it already. Even with out it may still produce, though if it has been that stressed it may have a hard time producing anything at all.

What kind of shape is it in? Got any pics?

Jeffross1968

I really wish I knew what kind it was. Unfortunately, it's one of the unmarked ones from my potted porch plants. Its easily 2.5 or 3 feet tall. It wasn't looking too good a couple weeks ago, and I brought it inside rather than trash it, with the idea that I'd be giving my other plants a little extra room once it was gone. Kind of crazy that it's now my best tomato plant. Everything else is diseased. Here is a pic of it....if you look closely, you might see a couple flowers half way up.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”