RyNJ
Cool Member

Fusarium? Heat? Any ideas on what's causing this?

DSC03596.JPG
DSC03596.JPG (48.43 KiB) Viewed 884 times
I'm wondering about these yellowing, wilting leaves. I just noticed this today. The yellowing seems only to be on my Yellow Pear plant (hah!). A few other plants have a small amount of wilting at the very ends of the stems, but as green as ever.
DSC03597.JPG
DSC03597.JPG (48.1 KiB) Viewed 884 times
DSC03601.JPG
DSC03601.JPG (37.75 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Some yellow spots on a few Missouri Love Apple leaves.

It's been HOT, with sporadic rain, so I haven't been watering everyday. What do you think it is? And if it is fusarium, is there anything you can suggest to abate it?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Not heat. Some kind of disease. I'm not great on diagnosis, but some kind of blight or wilt. Fortunately the common tomato diseases are all fungal and the treatment is the same. Remove the affected leaves and then spray the rest with an anti fungal. Organic anti fungals include milk solution, baking powder solution, hydrogen peroxide. Be sure to spray the under sides of the leaves.

RyNJ
Cool Member

Thanks, rainbowgardener! This morning I took off the yellowed and dead parts and sprayed the whole plant with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Now, back from work, some branches are still wilted, but none have turned yellow. Gonna hit them all again this evening, once the temperature drops to a more reasonable 85 or so. :?

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”