tadpole911
Newly Registered

Tomato Problems PLEASE HELP

hey guys I'm having some various different issues with my plants. I have raised beds and such and man oh man they took off great and looked awesome. Well now I been noticing Squirels taking tomatoes and such. Also been noticing almost like some kind of rott or something on the stems and its stumps me I'm new at this and would love to get some help with both these issues and how I can fix and such. I spent so much on everything to lose it already when tons of blooms and green tomatoes there already and the rot then squirels stealing them here are the pictures. The rott is on numerous plants as well Also issues with peppers and little bugs I will post in the other forum help as well lol thank you to all that will chime in
Attachments
Tomato Rott2.jpg
Tomato Rott2.jpg (41.26 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
Tomato rott.jpg

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

I don't see any discoloration (rot). It looks like mechanical damage--squirrels, rabbits etc taking bites out of stems.

tadpole911
Newly Registered

Dam so any idea how I could get them out of there without having to cage the whole area in? Ya its destroying the stems then also I see squirels getting the tomatoes also.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The only thing you can do about squirrels, rabbits, etc getting your tomatoes is fence/ cage them in. This can be done easily and inexpensively with deer netting. Growing in raised beds, you can cage each individual bed. I have squirrels, raccoons, woodchucks, etc on my property (and deer recently sighted on the next door neighbors). I would never ever get to eat a tomato if they weren't caged in.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”