JayPoc
Greener Thumb

From the "it's always something" file...

Had just started to see some early signs of a little early blight sneaking in. Now, its been raining since Sunday and may very well rain for the next few days. A couple of inches per day and the 100% humidity that goes with it. Lol.

At least I haven't seen any hornworms yet... :lol:

Cola82
Green Thumb

I discovered cabbage worms today. They were all over my kale and nasturtiums. I spent like an hour carefully squishing the tiny caterpillars and picking off all the little white eggs. As though the aphids and whiteflies and powdery mildew weren't enough. :roll:

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Dang....one local community reports in with 3.42 inches of rain in the last 24 hours....and that excludes the rain from Sunday thru Tuesday evening. It also excludes the couple more inches expected tomorrow.

Sigh...

Why do I get the sneaking sensation that I'll be on here in three weeks complaining about a drought?

amylong
Cool Member

I have been getting quick showers for the past few days..:( my peppers are just sitting there:( I hope it is cuz of weather and lack of sun..so they are not taking off...My tomatoes are just beginning to grow:(
sorry didn't notice the typo :oops:
Last edited by amylong on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cola82
Green Thumb

Um, typo...

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Why do I get the impression I missed a classic flub? :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

JayPoc wrote:Why do I get the impression I missed a classic flub? :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Let's have a contest and see who can come up with the typo. Anyone who saw it is disqualified

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

there was an extra h, that found its way in to "sitting there" ?

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

You mean, other than the ever-so-prevalent confusion of it's vs. its?

it's = it is, it has (a contraction; the apostrophe shows that something has been dropped out of the word)

its = belonging to it (like his, hers, yours, ours, theirs)
JayPoc wrote:Had just started to see some early signs of a little early blight sneaking in. Now, its been raining ...
Or has there been an "invisible edit" and I missed a different typo?

Not going to get into the use of ellipses and periods (...) and (....); this is an informal forum, not a formally edited scholarly/scientific paper. Thank heavens! :D Terms like "cuz" and "sorta" and their friends fit in quite well and aren't considered typos.

Ya know? :wink:

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Cola82
Green Thumb

I'm going to protect the anonymity of the guilty party here, I think, since it's been fixed.

ETA: ah, nevermind. Missed your followup, amylong.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”