phonelady61

anybody here growing dwarf tomatoes ? I am

I hope my balkon star dwarfs come up soon and they grow pretty quickly and produce fairly good size tomatoes too . I have one lucky leprechaun which I hope produce some good fruit as well ....

PaulF
Greener Thumb

This is seventh year taking part in the International Dwarf Project and this year's varieties are Sweet Scarlet F-7, Rosella Crimson F-7, Wild Spudleaf F-5 and Purple Heart F-6.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

I having a go at it. Gixx sent me a few varieties and I planted some Sleeping Lady.

They seem pretty happy....here's one. Just now getting a few blossoms (I started them late).

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I am growing Totem and Red Robin. In addition to these, I have grown Tiny Tim and Micro-tom. I will probably do a Fall planting of Sophie's Choice.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I have one dwarf plant a Sophie's choice that is doing very well and has one cluster of tomatoes ripening, even though the plant is only a little over a foot tall. My other tomato plants are more than twice as tall, but not as far along towards having ripe tomatoes.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

I have a dwarf Patio Tomato growing. it is doing fairly well. I buried it a little bit deeper and it is nice and happy.

it makes an appearance in my garden tour video in my signature.

I am trying all of my tomatoes this year in containers that are not self watering. I had them in the garden in 2011 and in a self watering container 2012 and did not have great luck.

imafan26
Mod

I have grown patio, tumbling tom and now I am growing New big dwarf. I just picked my first fruit but I haven't tasted them yet. Considering that the birds and slugs went after the green tomatoes, I'm expecting something better than what is in the stores.

The thing about dwarfs and determinates in general is that they ripen most of the fruit all at once, so it is feast or famine. My better tomatoes, flavor wise have been the indeterminates.

imafan26
Mod

I just ate my New Big Dwarf yesterday in a BLT. Its good.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I am growing a few dwarfs.

There more on the other side plus more in the back. But yeah dwarfs rock, you can plant the early and put them out and bring them in and put them out and bring them in and.............but they give very early fruit this way. I have be harvesting for about 3 weeks now.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

lol just a few lol nice

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

A few is right lol. I have two that I am proud of lol. You have a ton!!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”