DryFlyRy

Do these have a fighting chance?

So yesterday it was about 90 degrees outside and I did not open the vents to the greenhouse before I left for work, which means it most likely got to be 115+ degrees in the greenhouse. Add not watering a few days to the mix and I found my tomato plants looking terrible when I got home from work :cry: . I quickly vented everything to get the temps down and gave them a good soaking. Some parts of the plants perked back up, but other parts (mainly the tops) are still looking pretty sad this morning. Do these have a shot of coming back or are they toast? Should I prune them off or leave them be? Here is a picture of the worst one.

Thanks guys.

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

just whack off anything that is "permanently" wilted - the base plant will continue . . .

prettygurl

What Dilbert said.

If the roots are established, then take off the top. The plant will keep going. This happened to me with a Sun Gold 2 weeks ago. It is now coming back with a vengeance.

jemsister

I agree with the above posters. Four weels ago my sungold had cold damage rather than heat, and had to be pruned to the stem, but it's 16 inches tall now. I don't know if there's much difference between heat damage and cold damage, but they're both temp-related, so it seemed pertinent.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”