erins327

Tomato wilted, but can't tell that it's bacterial?

Wake up to one very wilted tomato plant. All leaves green, nor coloring or yellowing.

Do some research and see that a possibility is bacterial. All other tomato plants look great so I know its not water related.

Do the bacterial test where I snip off a stem very close to the crown and immerse in water to see white ooze. Nothing. Even sliced stem open longitudinally and see nothing? Stem looks like clear juicy...normal?

I guess I should pull it up to be safe than sorry so it doesn't effect the other tomato plants next to it. But it is so hard because it has 4 beautiful huge tomatoes on it!

Anyone have any more ideas?

affordable hydro
Newly Registered

Hello,
From the description give in, it would be difficult to comment correctly unless I seen the effected plant. From my experience it sounds it could be a few different things any where from a deficiency to climate problems or bugs. My best advice in this is to eliminate to problem plant, before any more plants are effected. Use a well balanced feeding schedule(depending on time of year) and dip the plant in a organic pest control agent. Then keep looking at the leaves. On my Facebook(Affordable-hydro) General Hydroponics posted a great diagram showing a few different signs to look for. I hope I was helpful :)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”