NewGardenerCanada

Can someone identify the disease/fungus?? Picture of leaves

My tomato plant is in a container and it's about 3.5 feet high with several flowers and very small tomatoes growing. We had a week straight of rain and I tried to bring it indoors every time there was a heavy downpour but it spent a lot of time sitting around with wet leaves... I'm worried some sort of disease or fungus is spreading because all of the bottom leaves look like this. Not sure if it's obvious in the pictures, but there are yellowish/white dots.

Any advice is appreciated!!! (First time growing tomatoes)
Attachments
tomato2.jpg
tomato1.jpg
tomato3.jpg

jemsister

I'm not very experienced, but my tomato plant has similar spots, and they are not spreading spots. Do yours appear to be spreading? What happened with mine was cold damage. Most of the leaves were damaged, and I had to cut the tomato nearly down to the nub. I did leave a few leaves on there, however, (I thought it would need them for photosynthesis). Anyway, those are the leaves that have the spots on them, and as you mentioned, they are the lower leaves.

I don't know about the ones that have turned yellow though. If it were me, I would just pinch them off and see what happens. :hehe:

It doesn't look like any of the diseases I've looked up, except maybe fusarium wilt with the yellowing. To me they just look a little beat up. But like I said, I'm no expert. I hope it's just weather damage though!

jemsister

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”