Scrappy Coco
Cool Member

Tomato seedling froze

I've just recently had a yellow bell pepper (which comes from the tomato-family) seedling discontinued to grow. It doesn't get withered, it doesn't get yellow, but it doesn't grow either. For a week or so now it's in exact same size. I transplanted it into a slightly bigger pot (about 10cmX10cm pot) about a week and a half ago, and it just seems like it's not going to grow. I water it once a day slightly, and keep it under ±20% sun-light. What did I do wrong that made the seedling discontinue to grow?

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Pepper plants can be very slow to get established, and often have periods where they seem to stand still for a while, especially if the temperatures are cool like when the highs are under about 26 Celsius (78 F) and when the lows drop to under 10 Celsius (50 F).

Scrappy Coco
Cool Member

You're probably right, it's about 28C in the day where I live, and about 18 at night. Thanks for the tip. :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I didn't understand the part about +/- 20% sunlight. Is that under lights? With shade cloth? Anyway it doesn't sound like very much. Peppers like a lot of sun.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Peppers don't like as much water as tomatoes. I water once at transplant and then again when the plants are about to wilt, which could be up to a week later.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”