Gilcano

My first tomatoes ever

Hi all, I'm trying to get some tomatoes. I have a couple of cherry and a couple of regular tomatoes.

8)

amylong
Cool Member

They look lovely!! I am trying to grow some tomatoes too. How many weeks are they??

Gilcano

amylong wrote:They look lovely!! I am trying to grow some tomatoes too. How many weeks are they??
I just planted them 2 weeks ago, I purchased them from a local Nursery. Really don't know how many weeks. I hope they give some blossoms. I planted green and red peppers too. Thanks a lot

8)

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

The things in that blue container are going to have serious troubles. They are a bit close together.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yes, I was thinking everything looks a bit crowded. I can't tell how big your garden plot is, but you need to remember the tomato plants are going to get huge. They need to be staked or caged, and it works better to put the cages (or whatever you use) in now. It will be much more difficult and you will risk damaging the roots or breaking the plants, if you try to add them later, when the plants are big.

I don't know if the pictures are the true colors, but if so, everything is looking a little bit pale/yellowish, which would be a nutrients issue, but could reflect that they are already competing with each other for nutrients.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”