Royiah

Frost/tomatos

So a couple of my tomatos got burned by the frost a few weeks ago and survived but it was the tops that got burn off. There are suckers growing now but I was wondering if It would just be better to put some new starts about the same size as the ones in the ground instead?

Royiah

ok that's good. :D Was worried it would hurt production. :/
Now I have no idea what to do with the extra plants I have! :lol:

Royiah

If I had flower beds they'd be full of veggies! :lol: I went ahead and put them in some pots I had laying around. I went way overboard with my tomato's this year. I'm forbidden from buying anymore. :P

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

if the main growing point was damged I would replace. They will not get taller but they will get wider.

Either way if you other plants I would switch them out. You will be far better in the long run.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Royiah wrote:If I had flower beds they'd be full of veggies! :lol: I went ahead and put them in some pots I had laying around. I went way overboard with my tomato's this year. I'm forbidden from buying anymore. :P

You need to save seeds. I haven't bought seeds in years.

Royiah

I'd love to save seed and plan on doing it this year. though all of my starts died from the frost. *cry* Anyways At the very least I'm going to try to get seeds from the ones I bought and they should be good because the place I bought them from said they weren't hybrids. O:)
Though I think you misunderstood me when I said I went overboard. I meant I have too many plants and That I have no more room for tomato's. I think I have about 20-30 tomato plants roughly (Really need to count them.) in my beds and pots. :oops: I really need to take some pictures and show Ya'll. :-()

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”