chermom

I have sprouts! yay

My tomato seeds have sprouted! Now to keep my kittens off of the table where they are so they live longer than tiny little sprouts. lol. We are still having snow and cold weather so I'm hoping by May they'll be strong enough to plant.

applestar
Mod

Fantastic! If you're like me, you'll be peeking at them all day just because.... :wink:

chermom

Oh I have, and the stinkers knocked off my peppers so I'm not sure they will even sprout.

applestar
Mod

Oh no! :evil:

Hmm... I would try spreading them out kind of thin on a tray or something so they're not buried deep. Keep them covered with plastic wrap or plastic bag and keep moist, and then transplant/plant the sprouted seeds in deeper container as they come up.

...sort of like the paper towel in a zip bag method. Yeah, maybe layer moistened 2-3 layers of newspaper or paper towel on a tray (or a 1020 flat) then spread out the soil (with the seeds somewhere in there).

chermom

I have some seeds left over so I'll try that and add some new seeds to see if they will sprout...I started them in little pots in a shoe box. Just set the pots on the lid part and put the clear box over them for a make shift greenhouse. when they knocked them off, it flipped over so the dirt and pots went into the shoe box part and not on the floor.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”