easylife
Newly Registered

Yellowing leaves

My plants are in 5 gallon buckets.They were doing fine and all of a sudden some of the leaves at and around the bottom started turning yellow and black kinda moldy where the black is and the stems are really wet.Too much water,not enough,drainage????????I re drilled some more holes and stuck somethin in the existing to see if maybe it wasnt draining well.Wish me luck.First time grower...........

pixelphoto

All soil contains microscopic things we cant see like funguses, bacteria, bugs, and more. I would guess that you are watering and water is splashing up on your plant causing soil borne diseases and bacteria to get onto the bottom leaves of your tomato plant. This is common and nothing to be alarmed about. Try putting some straw, grass, pine straw, or other mulch around the bottom of your plant to keep spray from splashing up on the bottom leaves. Also water close to the ground not spraying the whole plant and see if that doesnt help. I would pull off the yellow bottom leaves and throw them out so they don't infect or cause other problems.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”