LodiLapp

Need Advice,Tips,Opinions For Seeds Just Ordered

Just curious if there is any advice or tips on these mater seeds I just ordered. Figured some of you may have dealt with these particular strains. Any help would be great even if its just opinions on a strain. Here is a list of seeds that I ordered:

-Amish Gold
-Beaverlodge Slicer3.Big Rainbow
-Big Sungold Select
-Bloody Butcher
-Bola Macizo
-Burgess Mammoth Wonder
-Campari OP
-Cherokee Purple
-Cowlick's Brandywine
-Druzba
-Evan's Purple Pear
-Filipino #2
-Gardeners Delight
-Golden Sunburst
-Italian Red Cherry
-Japanese Trifele Black
-Jaune Flamme
-JD's Special C-TEX
-KBX
-Marglobe Supreme
-Piovano

The plan as of right now is for them to be planted as small transplants in raised planters as I have not even received them yet to start them indoors although that may payoff since we are having a long lasting frost this year so it seems. Anyways thanks again in advance.

applestar
Mod

Nice selection! :D
Some of them are in my list here including a blurb on their characteristics.
https://helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50763

And I do have some of the others as well. I sorted my list by DTM description. For example, Big Rainbow is in my very late category (actually was on my Wishlist but I decided not to get that one since I obtained other bi-colors -- but it's supposed to be a good one if you have the longer growing season to enjoy it).

It's a good idea to organize them by expected plant size too. The ones on my list above are mostly small statues plants that are suitable for container growing and may only need minimal support, but I see quite few in your list that grow huge and will need substantial support.

LodiLapp

Thank you applestar for your info, I used alot of it actually and then went on to do my own research as no one else had any comment on anything on that list, I am happy with my selections and just cant wait to get started this year, my seeds should be here within the day or two to be started indoors, if not its ok as I have seeds from our own family heirlooms that are ready to go in ground as soon as last frost is done with. they are "no fails" for me so I will be happy either way, but I want to "branch out" no pun intended and try something new this year as far as tomatoes go, anyways thanks for the info and happ/plentiful gardening this year

applestar
Mod

You are welcome :D
Post your progress when you start them. I'd love to hear more how they turn out and taste. :wink:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”