webmaster
Site Admin

Helpful Gardener Tomato Forum 2013 Seed Giveaway

The Helpful Gardener Tomato Forum Seed Giveaway!

I am giving away FREE of charge, Wild Boar Farms Tomato Seeds. This year I want to make it easier on me to send out more seeds and send them out faster. So, please limit your seed request to two varieties. If you want an extra variety or two, then please read the note below. :)

About Wild Boar Farms Tomatoes
Wild Boar Farms develops unique tomato varieties that are great tasting. I discovered them at a farmers market several years ago. These tomatoes are prized by chefs at restaurants like the famed Chez Panisse and French Laundry.

How to qualify for free seeds:
1. You only need to have posted at least three times in the Helpful Gardener Tomato Forum. If you can't find a post you can help out in or ask a question in, then a post in one of the other forum categories is fine.

2. If you are new:
Please do not post fluff. Find a discussion that interests you or you have an answer for and post a thoughtful answer. OR ask a question that you need an answer for. :)

3. PM (Private Message) me with your name and address to mail the seeds to and the name of the two (2) tomato seed varieties you want.

Two Tomato Varieties Available. Possibly more!
Let me know what two tomato varieties you prefer and I'll package them up and send them on their way- FREE of charge. If you want more, read the note in the next paragraph.

Please Tell a Friend!
Tweet it. Facebook it. Email a friend it. Make a blog post about it or post it on a forum (if it's ok to do!!!) . Please tell a friend about this giveaway. If you want extra seeds, then let me know. You don't have to blog it or Facebook it or anything else to get extra seeds. But I would really appreciate it if you tell others about the Helpful Gardener Tomato Forum. Just let me know if you want extras and I will send you extras.

Here are descriptions of the FREE Wild Boar Farms Tomato Seeds I am offering:

Lush Queen
Mid-Late, 6-12oz. Dense, Meaty, Very Beautiful Striped Pink Beefsteak. Good Production, Flavor, Improved Hang-Time, Shelf-Life.

INDIGO APPLE

Huge production, good Anthocyanin (same thing that makes blueberries blue). Large clusters of 2-4 oz. fruits. Small unripe fruit turn purple, as they grow and ripen they turn almost black on top where sunlight hits, bottom and interior are red. Fruit has excellent hang on the vine ability. Very ripe fruit has excellent sweet flavor. Crack & sunburn resistance.

RED FURRY BOAR

New Release. Wild Boar only has a limited supply. 2-4 oz. Red with Gold Stripes, Matte Skin, Fuzzy. Great, True Tomato Flavor, peach fuzz skin not at all intrusive. Heavy Producer. Another Great, Rare, Unusual Variety.

AAA SWEET SOLANO

120 plants all pure. Mutant discovered in Yellow Boar (Yellow Stripe). Very attractive yellow with green stripes turning deep orange color with gold stripes. Some hang time ability. Stays firm, very sweet with a hint of tropical fruit. Produced huge harvest for 2009. 2 and 4 OZ.

AMOS COLI
Not sure how many of these seeds I will have to give away. They are currently sold out at Wild Boar Farms but they promised to send some over for the giveaway.
Large Meaty Paste Heirloom. Very Good Production. Dense Meaty with Great Well Balanced Flavor. Great for Fresh Eating, Canning and Sauce. Given to me at the 2012 National Heirloom Exposition in Santa Rosa, CA.
This variety was given to Brad of Wild Boar Farms by an elderly Italian gentleman who had been keeping the variety alive for 59 years. The original seeds were given to him by someone else who had developed the variety from a cross he made forty to fifty years earlier, making the variety over 100 years old. The supply is limited. This variety is currently sold out on the Wild Boar Farms website.
Last edited by webmaster on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You know I couldn't pass this up.

Pm Sent.

lorax
Greener Thumb

You know I can't pass this up either. PM sending in mere moments!

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

this rocks.....

Royiah

:D Sent PM! Yay! I can't wait! Thanks tons! :D

ParisHumphrey
Newly Registered

PM sent........Thx so much

Paris

webmaster
Site Admin

You are all very welcome! :)

rico fry

this is very nice of you

webmaster
Site Admin

Thanks for joining our community, Rico! :)

webmaster
Site Admin

Good news, I received the seeds today. We received the full order, including all of the Amos Coli seeds we requested. At this time, afaik, The Helpful Gardener Forum is the only place to obtain Amos Coli seeds because they are currently sold out at Wild Boar Farms.

I will be packing up current orders on Saturday. If you wish to request free seeds then please get your request in.

I will continue to give away seeds until I more or les run out. So if you happen to come across this note after today (Friday 1/25/2013), just PM me and I will add you to the list for the next shipment. ;)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Awesome.

Too bad on the Amos Coli. I would change my order but I really want what I already picked.

If anyone asked for Amos Coli and would like to send me a few seeds (4-5) I will hook you up phat with a return package.

Thanks
Dono 8)

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

I just looked back in my Helpful Gardener history, and it appears I have never posted in the tomato forum. :oops:

lorax
Greener Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Awesome.

Too bad on the Amos Coli. I would change my order but I really want what I already picked.

If anyone asked for Amos Coli and would like to send me a few seeds (4-5) I will hook you up phat with a return package.

Thanks
Dono 8)
Gixx - I've got Amos Coli coming. If you don't mind waiting a bit, I'll send some up your way. Do you want the same seeds as I start with, or do you want the ones from the fruit that's been challenged to 3,000 meters and my lovely hot summer temps?

webmaster
Site Admin

Not necessary. I've got Gix covered. ;) Seeds going out in the mail tomorrow. I've got everything labeled, just need to stuff the envelopes. ;)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thanks Lorax and Webmaster.

Lorax I might have went with the heat treated seeds if that were the case.

Isn't there something either coming to me or from me to you anyway's. I was doing good the all of the sudden I have about 12 differant trades going on, I can't tell which end is up.

Again thanks if you either ever need anything seriously hit me up.

filmnet

Stuff on Santa!!!!! pack your sled Roger, you are wonderful!!!!

webmaster
Site Admin

So I sent some seeds yesterday and the day before. The bulk of them though were put into envelopes today. However because of the storm I cannot mail them out today. In any case they'd likely end up sitting in the post office because they're probably going home at noon anyway today. The storm should be over tomorrow so I'l take them to the post office Saturday if they're open.

Thanks for waiting!

Chaesman

I to am short on posts in tomato forum but they will I will be posting there a lot I have a feeling seeing as my success with tomatoes has been limited

I did pm you earlier to day I believe.

Just looked at your location

Yes please stay in doors that is a bad storm hit MA

try to keep warm and safe the road is no place to be on in that kinda weather

Jon

webmaster
Site Admin

Hi Jon,
No worries, I have you covered! Hopefully I'll give you lots of reasons to talk about tomatoes this year. :lol:

Chaesman

thank you very much

Jon

rico fry

2 feet of snow overnight :evil: spring seems so far now :( .
I think the mail will be slow everywhere this storm hit.
no snow all winter than this. crazy weather

sepeters

I am excited you sent them out! I go to the mailbox everyday and check, just like a kid! We will all have fun discussing how the varieties do in all our different gardens. 8)

Hope you're all doing ok in all that snow! At least there's one more chance for a snow man!

cinnie0

I just pmed you. thank you so much for your generous offer.

FruitAddict
Cool Member

Which are the most popular requests? I'm leaning toward the Lush Queen & AMOS COLI myself. I'd love to try them. Anyway - just had to say thank you for sharing with the group.

webmaster
Site Admin

I got you covered, too FruitAddict! 8)

Mailing out latest batch of seeds this afternoon. My kid has another snow day today so she's going to be helping me again. She's the one writing the tomato names on the coin holder envelopes I'm stuffing. All seed packets have at minimum 8 seeds in them, so make sure you shake out at least eight seeds when you get the packages. ;)

filmnet

Thanks Roger I got my 2 packages today, I didn't know you were from Amherst Ma? I am in Beverly ma

webmaster
Site Admin

Yes, I love it out here! People are really nice, lots of farms, lots of nature, good weather, close to woodsy areas but not far from NYC and other notable places. I like the outdoors so this suits me fine. All around good place to be. :)

Keep us updated to how the tomatoes work out and definitely feel free to share. I'm going to be starting seeds this weekend. See you around the boards.

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Got my seeds today!! I am so stoked!! THANK YOU!!!

Happy Days

I received my tomato seeds. Thank you very much! :D

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

Tomato seeds made it to me thanks tons I can't wait to start them....

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Thanks, Webmaster.
I am sending a pm.
Doesn't postage and envelopes get a bit expensive on you?
Can we reimburse you or send SASE?

webmaster
Site Admin

No need to reimburse me. But thanks for the offer. It's enough that all of you help make this a great gardening community. That thing about finding joy in giving is true. :)

sepeters

What is infinitely better than a cheesy card? Free seeds from the helpful gardener!!!
Thank you so much! You even sent me a third variety! I love Helpful Gardener!

Royiah

I got my seeds today! Thanks tons! :D

tovfla
Cool Member

Got mine today! so excited! can't wait to try them out. The ones you sent me last year are growing so well here in Miami: Thank you :)

applestar
Mod

Mine arrived today as well. Thank you so much, and please thank your daughter from us for her part in spreading the joy. :D

ParisHumphrey
Newly Registered

Webmaster,
Received my seeds today. Thanks so much. Already sowed a few of Amos Coli :lol: Couldn't help myself.....

Thanks again

webmaster
Site Admin

tovfla, those tomatoes look beautiful! Please keep us updated as to how this years batch of tomatoes germinate and grow.

I'm looking forward to reading how everybody does with these tomatoes and maybe gain a little insight into how well the different seeds germinate, under what conditions, and how they grow across the different regions.

I will keep all of you updated with how my tomatoes do as well. :)

imafan26
Mod

This is a wonderful thing you are doing for everyone sharing the seeds.

Thank you very much.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm jealous, mine still haven't come yet! :( I will be planting tomato seed sometime in the coming week.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”