simplycurious

Strange growths?

Are these tomato bud thingys?
If not, what are they?
Thanks.

[img]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/myusername22/2012-10-13161344_zpsf04f259c.jpg[/img][/img]

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

yes.

those look quite like the buds of tomato blossom.

simplycurious

Yaaayy! So I'm going to have baby tomatoes? When should I expect them?

lorax
Greener Thumb

In a week or so you should see small tomatoes growing. Depending on your weather and what type of tomato they are, they'll be ripe in 3-7 weeks from that point. (Cherry types are faster; beefsteak types are slower, in general.)

simplycurious

Wooo! I have no idea what type of tomatoes will grow because they were originally part of the compost, honestly. I had planted something else in the pot and had forgotten about it. I don't remember what was originally planted. I like surprises though. :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Is that inside. If so give them a gentle shake or a electric toothbursh bush to flow some pollen and make sure they get pollinated.

simplycurious

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me to do...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Gixx is talking about making sure the flowers get pollinated. That applies only to the open flowers, not the buds you have now. And it only applies if you are trying to grow tomatoes indoors. Outdoors pollination takes care of itself.

Since you are in Miss. I'm assuming it is outdoors.

So how come in this post you knew this was a tomato and in your other post made two minutes after this one, you were trying to tell us it was a lemon tree? Just pulling our collective leg? :)

simplycurious

simplycurious wrote:Dang.
I was hoping to grown a lemon tree.
I swear that was the seeding that I planted...would the seedling grow if I planted it in potting soil next time?
I had one pot labeled 'tomato' and the other labeled 'lemon'. I took pictures of both blooms. Although the blooms look the same, the leaves on each plant look different. Hence, I figured one was the lemon seed I'd started and the other was the tomatoes growing through the compost.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”