My 16 inch potting container for my tomato plant keeps sprouting up these mushrooms each night for the last 3 nights. Below is a picture of one of them. I had already dug out like 7 others.
Should I be concerned about these mushrooms? Does anyone know anything about this mushroom in particular? Is it poisonous or anything? I read somewhere a recommendation to dig out the top couple inches of soil and replace it with new potting mix. Is that necessary?
If the mushrooms aren't going to affect anything, and are just a sign of too much moisture in the soil, that would be good to know.
Thanks for any insight!